What is Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia (pronounced “gar-SIN-eeyah cam-BOH-ja”) is a small, pumpkin-shaped fruit native to Indonesia. Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is extracted from the rind of Garcinia cambogia and has been studied for its potential to decrease body fat and curb appetite.*
Super CitriMax® is a patented HCA extract. It is the most clinically tested Garcinia cambogia on the market. Our NatureWise Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia formula also includes patented ChromeMate® (niacin-bound chromium), and the herb Gymnemasylvestre.
What is Garcinia cambogia used for?
The most common current use is for weight management. Results from four randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies show that Super CitriMax®, combined with ChromeMate® and Gymnema sylvestre, provides significantly greater benefits than diet and exercise alone.*
How does Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia work?
HCA, the active ingredient in Garcinia, is believed to have the following effects:
- Interferes with fat production*
- Increases fat burning*
- Decreases appetite*
ChromeMate® and Gymnemasylvestre are believed to work synergistically to:
- support appetite control*
- help maintain healthy blood sugar levels within an already normal range*
What are the ingredients?
- Calcium (as hydroxycitrate) (120 mg) is a mineral essential for healthy bones. It is bound to HCA for enhanced absorption.*
- Potassium (as is a mineral that helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells. It is bound to HCA for enhanced absorption.*hydroxycitrate) (180 mg)
- ChromeMate® (as chromium is a niacin-bound chromium that may help support blood sugar levels already within a normal range.*polynicotinate) (133 mcg)
- Garcinia cambogia Extract (1,500 mg) is the HCA extracted from the rind of Garcinia cambogia and has been studied for its potential to decrease body fat and curb appetite.*
- (Super Citrimax®) (900 mg) is the patented, natural, non-stimulant extract from the Garcinia cambogia fruit.
- Gymnema(130 mg) is a traditional herb believed to promote healthy glucose metabolism.*sylvestre
What is the suggested use?
The suggested use for NatureWise Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia is as follows:
- Appetite Control Plan: Adults take 1 capsule three times daily 30 minutes to 2 hours before meals with a full glass of water to help curb appetite.
- Weight Loss Plan: Adults take 3 capsules three times daily 30 minutes to 2 hours before meals with a full glass of water to optimize fat burning.
Does calcium or potassium inhibit absorption of Garcinia cambogia or decrease the efficacy of HCA?
No. Calcium/potassium bound HCA is believed to be more soluble and better absorbed than other HCA products.*
Can I take NatureWise Super CitriMax® Garcinia cambogia with another NatureWise weight management product?
Yes, NatureWise weight management products can be taken together.
Is Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia safe?
Studies have found Garcinia cambogia to be safe when taken as directed. Super CitriMax® has been determined GRAS by an independent leading group of toxicologists.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid use, since there is insufficient reliable information in this population.
Is Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia safe for long-term use?
To our knowledge, there are no studies that investigate Garcinia intake for longer than 3 months at a time.
Note: The duration of time for which a product is investigated does not necessarily equate with the actual duration of its safety. For example, although some of our safety data may not go beyond 6 months, 12 weeks, or even 6 weeks, it does not mean that it is unsafe to use past this time frame.This is only the information provided by published research available to date. There may be ongoing studies investigating the safety of any given product and/or ingredient that well exceed the length of the available publications. The products that NatureWise manufactures are considered safe and backed by research
What adverse reactions or side effects are reported with Garcinia cambogia?
Although rare, however, there are reports of nausea, GI discomfort, and headache with Garcinia cambogia.
If you experience any symptoms such as nausea or headaches, drinking more water throughout the day will likely alleviate your symptoms. If symptoms persist, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional before continuing to use the product.
Are there any drug or herb interactions reported with Super CitriMax® Garcinia cambogia?
Super CitriMax® may enhance the effects of drugs for diabetes (e.g., insulin, blood sugar-lowering agents). Therefore, diabetics taking these medications should use this supplement only under the supervision of a doctor.
Most herbs and supplements have not been thoroughly tested for interactions with other herbs, supplements, drugs, or foods. If you have a medical condition, or are taking other drugs, herbs, or supplements, you should speak with a qualified healthcare provider before starting a new medication or supplement.
Are there any herb interactions reported with Super CitriMax® Garcinia cambogia?
There are none reported.
If a drug or herb is not on the list, does this mean there are no interactions?
The drug (or herb) you inquired about is not on our current list of known drug interactions. We strongly recommend that you consult your physician regarding your personal healthcare needs.
Are there any disease interactions reported with Super CitriMax® Garcinia cambogia?
There are none reported.
Are there any food interactions reported with Super CitriMax® Garcinia cambogia?
There are none reported.
What else do I need to know about NatureWise Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia?
- NatureWise Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia is manufactured in the USA, using non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free ingredients. Each capsule contains vegetable cellulose and organic rice bran extract.
- NatureWise Super CitriMax® Garcinia Cambogia does not contain wheat, gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs, sugar, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, or shellfish.
Why is rice bran extract used in the formula?
helps keep the highly concentrated HCA extract from clumping together inside the capsule, reducing the “chalky” effect that you may experience with other products. Our rice bran extract is certified organic, Garcinia cambogia we strive to produce the highest quality products on the market. The use of rice bran extract in our NatureWiseAt gluten-free, has nutritious tocotrienol (a form of vitamin E), and is easy to digest.
There is a lot of misinformation about nutritional supplements -- so much so that many manufacturers do not list all ingredients in their labeling. We’re proud of the ingredients we use, and our products are formulated to consistently deliver the highest quality, purity, and potency.
FDA Disclaimer About Health Claims
Please note that the following statement is required to accompany a health claim, such as “4X more effective than diet and exercise alone.*” It appears on all NatureWise labels and sales copy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.