What is Total Colon Care Advanced Detox and Cleanse?
NatureWise Advanced Colon Cleanse is formulated to help detoxify the colon and promote healthy digestion.* It contains a blend of:
- Natural herbs to detox the colon and encourage the elimination of waste (bowel movement)*
- Botanicals and enzymes to soothe mucosal membranes in the lower GI tract*
- Prebiotics to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the colon*
Advanced Colon Cleanse is one of our Weight Management supplements, and is intended for short-term and occasional use as a complement to a healthy weight management plan.
Do not use this product if you have abdominal pain or diarrhea. Decrease dosage in the event of watery stools.This product is designed for short-term and occasional use. Long-term continuous use is not recommended.
Can Advanced Colon Cleanse be used for weight loss?
Colon cleanses are not recommended for everyday use. However, many people do experience some weight-related benefit from short-term, occasional use.* The average colon can hold up to eight meals worth of food before digestion occurs; colon cleansing encourages the elimination of waste, which may result in the shedding of excess pounds.*
Although any weight-related benefit is usually temporary, a healthy colon is able to absorb more nutrients from less food. Cleansing the colon optimizes digestion, and can be a beneficial kickstart for many diet and weight management plans.*
How does Advanced Colon Cleanse work to detox the colon?
A primary function of the colon is to push undigested waste through the body. Foods lacking in fiber move through the digestive tract much more slowly than high-fiber foods, and produce mucus that sticks to the intestinal walls and can breed bacteria. The likelihood that these toxins will be reabsorbed into the bloodstream increases the longer that waste remains in the colon.
NatureWise Advanced Colon Cleanse encourages the elimination of waste (bowel movement) and toxins to promote health in the intestines and digestive organs.*
What are the ingredients?
- Psyllium is a bulk-forming laxative that contains a high fiber content. It absorbs liquid in the intestines, swells, and forms a bulky stool, for easier elimination.
- Senna leaf (Cassia senna) is an FDA-approved non-prescription laxative (stimulant/purgative).
- Rhamnus bark (Buckthorn is known as a purgative and laxative in animals and people. It is often called cascara sagrada.purshiana)
- Licorice root is anecdotally used for different types of gastrointestinal issues and digestive distress. As an herb it may provide soothing properties to the mucosal membranes, which can be healing to the digestive tract.
- Ginger root has been used as early as the 9th and 10th centuries to address various types of stomach upset and indigestion.
- Fennel, alone or in combination with other herbs, is popularly used for gastrointestinal problems and to improve digestion.
- Milk thistle is a plant that has been used as a medicinal agent for over 2,000 years.
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis) is an herb thought to help with indigestion.
- Yellow dock ( Rumexcrispus) is an herb that contains chemicals called anthraquinones, which work as mild stimulant laxatives.
- Fructooligosaccarides (pronunciation: fruck-toe-oli-go-sack-a-rides) are plant sugars generally used for digestive support. They are also used as prebiotics, which are substances that help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon.
- Digestive enzymes (amylase, cellulase, lactase, lipase, protease) help facilitate digestion and digestive processes.
Is Advanced Colon Cleanse a laxative?
“Laxative” is a broad term for a substance that stimulates bowel movement. Advanced Colon Cleanse contains a blend of herbs (psyllium husk, senna leaf, buckthorn bark) with natural laxative properties.
Bulk producing laxatives: Bulk laxatives contain a high level of dietary fiber that absorbs liquid in the intestines and swells, which creates large, soft stools and stimulates the bowel to move. The psyllium husk in Advanced Colon Cleanse is considered a bulk laxative.
Stimulant / purgative laxatives: These types of laxatives encourage the colon to contract. Senna leaf (Cassia senna) and buckthorn bark ( Rhamnuspurshiana) are considered stimulant/purgative laxatives.
What are prebiotics?
Prebiotics are substances that help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon.
What kind of capsules are used?
NatureWise Advanced Colon Cleanse uses vegetarian DRcaps®, specialized delayed release capsules that help protect the capsule’s contents from stomach acidity to deliver maximum benefits to the lower GI tract.* DRcaps® have been proven in human studies to effectively safeguard ingredients.
What is the suggested use?
As a dietary supplement, adults take 2-4 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Can I take Advanced Colon Cleanse with other NatureWise weight management products?
Yes, NatureWise weight management products can be taken together.
Is Advanced Colon Cleanse safe?
To date, and to the best of our knowledge, there are no published reports or studies suggesting that it is unsafe. Before taking any supplement or medication, it is always advisable to contact your healthcare provider. Do not use this product if you have abdominal pain or diarrhea. Decrease dosage in the event of watery stools.
This product is designed for short-term and occasional use. Long-term continuous use is not recommended.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should avoid use, since there is insufficient reliable information in this population.
Are there any drug or food interactions reported with the ingredients in Advanced Colon Cleanse?
Most herbs and supplements have not been thoroughly tested for interactions with other herbs, supplements, drugs, or foods. If you have a medical condition, or are taking other drugs, herbs, or supplements, you should speak with a qualified healthcare provider before starting a new medication or supplement.
What else do I need to know about NatureWise Advanced Colon Cleanse?
Each capsule contains:
- Psyllium husk (seed) 1000 mg
- Senna leaf (Cassia angustifolia)) 500 mg
- Buckthorn bark (Rhamnus purshiana) 150 mg
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 70 mg
- Ginger root (Zingiber officinale) 70 mg
- Fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare) 70 mg
- Milk thistle seed (Silybum marianum) 70 mg
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) 70 mg
- Yellow dock (Rumex crispus) 70 mg
- Fructooligosaccharides 70 mg
- Digestive enzymes 10 mg
- (amylase, cellulase, lactase, lipase, protease)
The vegetarian DRcaps® capsule is made of vegetable cellulose and gellan gum and contains organic rice bran extract. NatureWise Advanced Colon Cleanse does not contain yeast, wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, or shellfish.
Why is rice bran extract used in the formula?
We strive to produce the highest quality products on the market. The use of rice bran extract in our formula helps keep the highly concentrated extract from clumping together inside the capsule, reducing the “chalky” effect that you may experience with other products. Our rice bran extract is certified organic, NatureWiseAt gluten-free, has nutritious tocotrienol (a form of vitamin E), and is easy to digest.
There is a lot of misinformation about nutritional supplements -- so much so that many manufacturers do not list all ingredients in their labeling. We’re proud of the ingredients we use, and our products are formulated to consistently deliver the highest quality, purity, and potency.
FDA Disclaimer About Health Claims
Please note that the following statement is required to accompany a health claim, such as “ formulated to help detoxify the colon and promote healthy digestion.” It appears on all NatureWise labels and sales copy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.